Best Practice Guidelines for Large Print Format
- In general, at least an 18 point, and preferably a 20 point
- Line spacing should be at least 1.5. This provides the best reading ability and will help reduce eye strain.
- Left-sided alignment
- Titles and headings should be larger than the rest of the text
- Bullets should be solid and dark; double spaced
- “Orphans” should be continued on the next page whenever possible to avoid confusion in reading order.
- Emphasis can be best read by using underlining, using asterisks or dashes. Color and italics is not recommended
- Use white space, a plain background, and dark font, preferably sans serif (black); avoid colors and designer fonts